Post 1

Ok I know that is by far the most unimaginative title to a post... ever! Still, time to kickstart this blog.
So yes, I'm mighty excited.! I'm planning to go on a mass publicity seeking campaign in order to promote this blog. It's like a new baby na? Who knows - this might be the start of a flourishing career as a journalist of yours truly? Lol, yes am obviously kidding. I'm studying to be a lawyer, sigh. Yes, I am glad to be in law school, blah. And well I do like the law. However it has been a wish for some time to well go into the 'newspaper business' (how else does one put it?). So this is my current plan. Graduate from law school with top notch grades, get one of those lovely London jobs, work for a certain number of years and make as much moolah as possible. Then collaborate with this friend of mine (currently doing some awesome summer school programme in Berkeley and is otherwise at Xavier's, Bombay) and start some out-of-the-world newspaper / magazine / both. It'll obviously be a grand success. Oh and I'll leave all the organisational nitty-gritties to her. I'll just write these earth-shattering, awesomely successful articles which will 'have an impact'. :D In the meantime I'll go back to good, old lawyering. !
Sounds like a plan no? Sigh, if only if it were all so easy! There are obviously a lot of obstacles here. One - getting the grades. Sigh - the toughest part! Two - keeping in touch with this friend of mine. See, the plan of starting a newspaper was hatched way back in the 8th standard. It's well now a zillion years later. And lately, *making a guilty admission here*, I haven't kept in touch. It's a horrible habit of mine, especially because I hate it when certain people don't keep in touch! So if you're reading this S, I'm so sorry! And yeah, the third obstacle - writing stuff which 'have an impact'. !
But it can still be done na (yes, being positive here)? So let's see, I still have four more years (and not more! Touchwood .: )) ) before I graduate. So abhi time hain. !
Before I sign off, I must admit that when I re-read this post, it sounded pretty juvenile, non- I'm 19yrs type. Oh well, it must be kept in note that the writing skills are still rusty. !
And yes I know - I have to curb this incessant use f '!'s and ': )'s.

2 comments:

Sneha said...

crazy dreams are good! i have some ominous world domination ones in a semi-hatched state. lol. good start. kick it off, bay-beh!

Vatsala said...

aww, *blushes*, thankoo : ))