....

A few disconnected observations...
Today are the last day of hols. Tomorrow I'll be in a train, and day after, I will be back in law school. I don't wanna go back. I'm trying to make myself feel 'positive' and am trying to be optimistic (which is very difficult, because I am actually an eternal pessimist), but well am failing. I'm dreading the deadlines, submissions, exams...grr! Oh and today I learnt that one of my first cousins, quite a close one, is off to the States to study. That's one more on the list of those bound for North American countries. She (cousin) is going, my own brother is going, a really really close Bombay friend is going (from now on, NM) and a certain Virgo (ass! Hence CV) is going - the first for a two yr course, the second for a four year course, the third for four / five months. My sense of isolation currently is rather marked. Sigh. I realise that their going is 'inevitable' (as the Mother calls it), that 'everyone has to go', but, to put it crudely, it rather sucks. I feel like Peyton in One Tree Hill. She keeps on saying that everyone leaves.
Yes, I'm rather a sitcom buff. Was, actually.

While reading the paper today, came across a shocker - our lovely government is reserving faculty seats for SCs and STs in the IITs. Faculty seats! Gosh. Umm, no wonder so many are off to U.S. !

There's this Rajasthani restaurant near my place, called - 'Jodha Cooks for Akbar'. I'm not a 'hard core' feminist, but did feel slight indignation and amusement on reading it.! It's a blatant sterotyping of women and an assumption of what their roles should be...! I'm sure it was unintentional, but that's what makes such labelling worse. Oh and it's quite funny too. I'm quite sure that Jodha anyway didn't cook for Akbar- they must be having a zillion bawarchis (or well whatever they're called!) to cook for them. Plus I don't think Akbar had Rajasthani cuisine (isn't Rajasthani cuisine vegetarian? Wouldn't he like have Mughlai, umm, non-vegetarian food?). I dunno what they've shown in the movie though. Lol, anyway there are allegations that there are misrepresentations in the film. Oh and weirdly, most chefs in these restaurants are anyway men... so well, Jodha does not cook for Akbar!

I realise that the last observation was especially pointless. But well had been wanting to write it down for sometime!

0 comments: